In the recent economic downturn, the hospitality and entertainment industry has faced significant pressure to control costs, reduce waste, consolidate operations and optimize business processes. This changing environment has forced many organizations to place greater emphasis on improving their operations and reevaluating their business software.
The hospitality industry is large and consists of companies within the food services, recreation accommodations and entertainment sectors. This industry includes hundreds of suppliers and other interrelated parts that need to be carefully managed to ensure integrated and efficient day-to-day operations. The fast-moving industry requires software that is robust, easy-to-use and deployable to multiple locations and thousands of users.
While SAP and Oracle lead the market share in this industry, there are a number of Tier II ERP software solutions suitable for hospitality and entertainment based companies. Functional requirements for hospitality software include strong POS software, customer relationship management, reservation systems, integrated human resources management and promotional management.
Hospitality and Entertainment Software Requirements
- POS software
- Reservation system
- Promotions and gift certificate management
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Facilities management
- Labor scheduling
- Human resources management
- Business intelligence
- Ad hoc reporting
Our consultants are aware of the potential pitfalls of ERP selection projects and can help hedge against project cost overruns, software that is misaligned with business needs, and lack of return on investment. The ERP team has industry specific expertise that helps achieve measurable business improvements.
Recent Articles and News Related to Hospitality Software
- glh Increases Relationship with Infor
- Baiyun Hotel Guangzhou Selects Infor to Simplify Revenue Management Functions
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore Chooses Infor Hospitality
- SAP and the Women’s Tennis Association Announce Global Relationship
- Pronto Software Wins Major Deal With Herschend Family Entertainment
- Hyatt Turns to Infor for Workforce Management in North America
- SoftBrands Acquires Hotel Property Management System Division from Amadeus
- Infor and SoftBrands Redefine Hospitality Management Software
- Unique ERP Software Challenges for the Hospitality and Entertainment Industry