The SMB market is filled with organizations that have outgrown their entry-level small business software and are in need of migrating to more robust software solution. Tier II and Tier III ERP developers are embracing these companies and helping these small businesses upgrade their QuickBooks and Peachtree accounting software to more advanced ERP systems.
Increased regulatory compliance and big-box retailer expectations have forced companies to trade in their small businesses software for ERP packages that manage more sophisticated requirements such as FDA compliance, lot tracking, bar-coding, and EDI transactions. The increased ease of use in ERP software packages and the onset of the software as a service software model have made this transition more feasible for the small business owner.
With this evolution, the phrase small business software now refers to those ERP software packages that are designed for the SMB market. This change has delivered tangible return on investment through increased automation, paperless warehouse capabilities, comprehensive cost information, and ad hoc reporting. And more importantly, it has made the movement from QuickBooks and Peachtree accounting software to an integrated ERP system possible.
Our consultants are aware of the potential pitfalls of ERP selection projects and can help hedge against project cost overruns, software that is misaligned with business needs, and lack of return on investment. The ERP team has industry-specific expertise that helps achieve measurable business improvements.
Recent Articles and News Related to Small Business Software
- Latest Version of SAP Business One for SAP HANA Empowers SMEs
- Sage Makes Boston Second Stop During Nationwide Sage Listens RV Relay
- Knowledge Matrix, Inc. Announces Launch of ERP Software for Glass Manufacturing Industry
- New Sage 500 ERP 2013 Increases Productivity, Simplifies Processes and Reduces Costs
- SYSPRO Launches Breakthrough ERP Manufacturing Platform
- NetSuite Continues Crusade to Rid Companies of Software Hairball Syndrome
- Starting Up and Stepping Out: ERP Software and the Little Guy
- Openbravo Strikes Key Partnership in Italy with Openia’s Appointment as New Openbravo Master Distributor
- Sage North America Appoints Jon Witty General Manager of Construction and Real Estate Business
- Openbravo Launches QuickStart 2 for Rapid Deployment of Open Source ERP