Supply chain management software supports the management and movement of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from a given point of origin to the ultimate point of consumption. These supply chain activities help build the backbone of the organization’s cost structure and ultimate profitability. As such, strong supply chain management software functionality is critical for successful companies and therefore a core concern for many ERP software selection projects.
In more recent years, US-based organizations have shifted their operations to include more importing of goods and are therefore much more reliant on oversea suppliers. This change has placed greater emphasis on long-term planning and procurement of raw materials and distributed goods. This has forced many companies to reconsider their existing supply chain management software functionality and evaluate the strength of their existing ERP software or legacy systems.
In doing so, organization begin to expand their usage of supply chain management software and rely on ERP solutions to control all aspects of distribution requirements planning, purchasing, import management, containerization tracking, supplier relationship management, and controlling the movement of goods between their internal warehouses and distribution centers. The most robust of ERP systems will help tackle supply chain management issues, reduce supplier lead-times, and control inventory while also delivering the highest level of sales order and line fill-rates for the end user customer or value added distributors.
Panorama’s ERP consultants have strong supply chain management knowledge across a variety of industries in both manufacturing and wholesale distribution environments. We provide a complete service offering that can assist your organization throughout the process of ERP selection, ERP implementation, and organizational change management.
Our consultants are aware of the potential pitfalls of ERP selection projects and can help hedge against project cost overruns, software that is misaligned with business needs, and lack of return on investment. The ERP team has industry-specific expertise that helps achieve measurable business improvements.
Recent Articles and News Related to Supply Chain Management Software
- Epicor Named Finalist in Two Categories of the 2013 American Business Awards
- SAP Extends its More Than 10 Year Lead in Supply Chain Management Ranking
- Epicor Customer Named to SDCE 100 for Outstanding Supply Chain Project
- K3 Syspro Brings Mobile ERP to Life
- Can ERP Software Help Save American Manufacturing Jobs?
- SAP Plans Delivery of Accelerated Reporting and Real-Time Information
- Customers and Partners Join Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 Early Success Program
- Oracle Releases Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2
- SYSPRO’s Benadretti Cited for Executive Expertise by Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine
- ECi Software Solutions Integrates Private Supply Network With TOPS Products