Redwood Shores, Calif. – July 29, 2010
- To help position its growing sports optics manufacturing business for another 100 years of success, Leupold & Stevens, Inc. transformed its IT infrastructure by standardizing on the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- By replacing its inflexible enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, Leupold & Stevens has achieved major improvements in efficiency, information visibility and demand planning, leading to happier customers and additional revenue.
- With help from Jibe Consulting, a Platinum-level partner in the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), Leupold & Stevens deployed a range of modules from the Oracle E-Business Suite, including Oracle Discrete Manufacturing, Oracle Order Management, Oracle Warehouse Management, Oracle Mobile Supply Chain and Oracle Customer Relationship Management (CRM), as well as Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
New IT System Promotes Growth, Increases Revenues
- A midsize, family-owned company in business for more than a century, Leupold & Stevens felt increasing pressure to strengthen its business processes to bolster competition against global conglomerates.
- The company had been using a legacy ERP system from Epicor/Avante, but problems upgrading the system led Leupold & Stevens to do a competitive review of IT solutions for manufacturers. After a comprehensive search for enterprise-class applications, Leupold & Stevens chose the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 over SAP.
- To facilitate a fast and on-budget implementation of the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, Jibe Consulting leveraged Oracle Business Accelerators, a series of rapid implementation tools, best-practice templates and wizards designed to speed the adoption of Oracle Applications for midsize customers.
- The Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 enables Leupold & Stevens to execute demand-based manufacturing, planning and inventory management, driving efficiencies and business results, including:
- More effective and accurate tracking of production and repair costs, revenues, discounts and product development costs;
- Reduction in the turnaround time of technical requests from six days to one day;
- Improved distribution center management for more agile response to sales order demand;
- Improved customer service due to accentuated repair planning and cost tracking;
- Real-time access to financial information and drill-down variance analysis that previously required manual compilation from Microsoft Excel downloads; and
- Approximately 10 times improvement in efficiency of the repair depot’s e-mail correspondence.
- These improvements helped Leupold & Stevens expand its lucrative custom products business with further growth anticipated.
- “To keep our business thriving for more than 100 years, our company has focused on not only creating and delivering the best products, but also offering our customers absolute satisfaction,” said Howard Werth, chief financial officer, Leupold & Stevens. “The Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 provides a flexible, streamlined platform to manage demand, orders and customer needs – helping our growing business continue to execute on these goals as we expand.”
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Business Accelerators
- Oracle Software and Services for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Midsize Customer Success Stories
- Oracle PartnerNetwork
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle’s partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle’s Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.