Smart business leaders know that true success comes with strategic planning.
At no time is strategic planning more needed than at the beginning of an ERP initiative. The real work starts once the requirements are gathered, the RFPs are answered and the enterprise software is selected, for this is when organizations need to buckle down and figure out exactly what the next year or two (or more) is going to entail.
ERP implementation planning requires ERP experts who know your industry, know the ERP software chosen and what it takes implement it on time and on budget. Perhaps most important is finding ERP experts who have what it takes to ensure your organization realizes all possible business benefits. Panorama is that level of ERP expert. Our ERP implementation planning service not only helps ensure that the system is implemented correctly but that the technology helps the business transform into the very best version of itself. Further, our technology-agnostic service offering unites our own implementation planning methodology with best practices and tools from specific ERP solutions.
Panorama’s implementation planning offering is the perfect next step for organizations that have gone through an ERP software selection and are ready to really understand project parameters, needs and critical success factors. Regardless of the ERP system you implement, Panorama has the experience, team and methodology to plan for a successful implementation.
Elements of ERP Implementation Planning
- Finalizing the business case
- Determining the true cost of ownership (TCO)
- Determining ERP solution design
- Identifying gaps between requirements and system capabilities
- Defining custom configuration requirements
- ERP project management (including project governance framework)
- Business process reengineering and requirements
- Organizational change management needs and timeline (e.g., communications, training, stakeholder alignment initiatives, change impacts, etc.)
- Integrating ERP with legacy systems
- Defining phasing / cutover strategies
- Defining data migration strategy
- Determining resource requirements (both internal and external)
- Defining roles and responsibilities (Core Team, Executive Steering Committee, Subject Matter Experts, ERP Vendor, System Integrator, etc.)
Follow in the steps of organizations that are realizing the incredible benefits offered by their ERP software systems and engage Panorama to start your planning process today. Contact us to learn how our approach to ERP consulting can maximize your ROI.
Panorama’s Core ERP Services and Offerings
- ERP Selection
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Selection
- ERP Vendor and Contract Negotiations
- IT Strategy
- ERP Implementation
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Organizational Change Management
- Business Process Reengineering
- ERP Expert Witness Testimony
- ERP Staffing
- On-Site ERP Training
- ERP Project Recovery