Smart business leaders know that no true success comes without strategic planning. And at no time is strategic planning more needed than at the beginning of an ERP initiative. The real work starts once the requirements are gathered, the RFPs are answered and the enterprise software is selected, for this is when organizations need to buckle down and figure out exactly what the next year or two (or more) is going to entail.
ERP implementation planning requires ERP experts who know your industry, know the ERP software chosen, and what it takes to get it implemented on time and on budget. But perhaps most important is finding ERP experts who have what it takes to ensure your organization actually realizes all the business benefits it should from the system. Panorama is just that level of ERP expert. Our ERP implementation planning service not only helps ensure that the system is implemented correctly but that the technology helps the business transform into the very best version of itself. Further, our technology-agnostic service offering unites our own implementation planning methodology with best practices and tools from specific ERP solutions (such as SAP’s ASAP methodology, Oracle’s User Productivity Kit, Dynamic’s Sure Step methodology and so on).
Panorama’s implementation planning offering is the perfect next step for organizations that have gone through an ERP software selection process and are ready to really understand project parameters, needs and critical success factors. Regardless of whether you plan to deploy SAP, Oracle EBS, Microsoft Dynamics or a Tier II ERP system, Panorama has the experience, team and methodology to plan for a successful implementation.
Elements of ERP Implementation Planning
- Finalization of business case
- Determination of true cost of ownership (TCO)
- ERP solution design
- Gaps between requirements and system capabilities
- Custom configuration requirements
- ERP project management (including project governance framework)
- Business process reengineering and requirements
- Organizational change management needs and timeline (e.g., communications, training, stakeholder alignment initiatives, change impacts, etc.)
- ERP integration with legacy systems
- Phasing / cutover strategies
- Data migration strategy
- Determination of resource requirements (both internal and external)
- Definition of roles and responsibilities (Core Team, Executive Steering Committee, Subject Matter Experts, ERP Vendor, System Integrator, etc.)
As Benjamin Franklin wrote, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Follow in the steps of organizations that are realizing the incredible advantages offered by their ERP software systems and engage Panorama Consulting to start your planning process today. Our global network of independent ERP experts needs just days to mobilize to your site and begin guiding your team through the steps necessary to realize quantifiable value and return on your ERP investment.
Contact us to learn more about our ERP implementation planning offering or any of our other ERP consulting services. Also be sure to check out our Resource Center, 360° ERP Blog and Webinar and Events Schedule for thought leadership related to ERP implementations.
Panorama’s Core ERP Services and Offerings
- ERP Selection
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Selection
- ERP Vendor and Contract Negotiations
- IT Strategy
- ERP Implementation
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Organizational Change Management
- Business Process Reengineering
- ERP Expert Witness Testimony
- ERP Staffing
- On-Site ERP Training
- ERP Project Recovery