Based on the analysis completed earlier in the project, Panorama identifies and recommends the potential ERP software vendors that best meet the client’s various requirements. The initial “long-list” of evaluated vendors is based on the client’s highest priority requirements and key ERP software differentiators. In addition to leveraging Panorama’s extensive ERP database of software vendor functionality, each evaluated vendor receives a formal request for information (RFI) to provide high-level information that helps both the Panorama team and the client team determine the vendor short-list.
ERP Vendor Evaluation and Software Selection Activities
- Develop requests for proposals for software implementation, integration and business consulting services
- Create “demo scripts” for vendors to present to
- Conduct preparation and discovery calls with each of the short-listed vendors to ensure they are comfortable with the client’s requirements, demo scripts and evaluation process
- Create on-line employee evaluation surveys based on the client’s specific requirements
- Facilitate vendor demonstration sessions
- Analyze software’s functional strengths and weaknesses relative to the client’s business requirements
This step in our process ensures that the client receives a balanced and neutral view of key attributes, functionality, strengths and limitations of vendor products to help the project team identify the best-fit software option.