RVINE, CA, Aug 04, 2010 — Epicor Software Corporation (EPIC) , a leading provider of enterprise business software solutions to the midmarket and Global 1000 companies, today announced 25 Epicor Retail software customers have been named to the Apparel Top 50 ranking of most profitable companies by Apparel, the leading resource for global apparel executives. The retailers are profiled online and in recent issue of Apparel magazine.
Topping Apparel’s Top 50 list in the No. 1 slot was Epicor customer Wet Seal, whose developments in mobile e-commerce and social media, according to Apparel, have tapped directly into its digitally savvy customer base, kicking up sales and interest in the junior apparel brand. Additional Epicor customers profiled in the feature include:
- At No. 7, Epicor customer Aeropostale garnered high marks for same-store sales up 10 percent, net sales up 18 percent, operating margins in excess of 17 percent and e-commerce net sales up 48 percent to $129 million.
- Epicor customer Gymboree was lauded by Apparel for the company’s growth domestically, as well as forthcoming international expansion plans into Canada, Australia and the Middle East, landing it in the No. 8 spot on the list.
- The world’s largest apparel company and Epicor customer VF Corp. — recently named to the No. 2 spot among apparel companies on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies — garnered the 19th spot on Apparel’s list.
- Epicor customer American Eagle, No. 21 on the list, was praised for its focus on growing its successful aerie intimates business (comp-store sales rose 25 percent last year) into a full lifestyle brand, and opening five brick-and-mortar locations for its previously online-only 77kids brand.
- Epicor customer rue21 landed at No. 31; according to Apparel, the 535-store and rapidly expanding retailer plans to open 100 new locations this year focused on offering cheap, stylish and quick-turn apparel.
- At No. 49, and with more than 800 stores, Epicor customer Christopher & Banks was heralded for meeting the milestone of one-million members in its Friendship Rewards Program launched in March, reflecting a measure of success in the company’s stated goal to build value for its customers and differentiate its brand.
“Epicor is proud to congratulate all its retail customers named to the Apparel Top 50 list on this most impressive distinction,” said Randy Tofteland, executive vice president, retail software for Epicor. “We are honored to play a role in supporting innovation and creating business advantage for these retailers and we are glad to see the apparel industry formerly recognize their achievements.”
According to Apparel, retailers who made this year’s list are succeeding in light of, “a contracting retail environment that despite some recent gains continues to be plagued by the effects of high unemployment, rising raw materials costs and lagging consumer confidence.” The article goes on to characterize this year’s featured retailers: “Striking a fine balance between caution and aggression, this year’s Apparel Top 50 companies are carefully managing costs and inventories while continuing to invest in their strongest brands and businesses, going social and expanding internationally, to drive growth and gains in market share.”
Today, many of the world’s leading retailers utilize Epicor Retail solutions and services to become more profitable, productive and competitive. Epicor’s solutions leverage proven Microsoft .NET technology to improve business operations and meet the evolving merchandise and service expectations of today’s cross-channel shoppers. Epicor delivers comprehensive retail management solutions to enterprises in all tiers — from regional chains to multichannel global brands. Retail customers include hundreds of marquee names, from Aeropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, and Ann Taylor to Zales and Zumiez. Epicor employs more than 800 employees in retail-focused operations.
About Epicor Software Corporation Epicor Software is a global leader delivering business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail, hospitality and services industries. With 20,000 customers in over 150 countries, Epicor provides integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM) and enterprise retail software solutions that enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. Founded in 1984, Epicor takes pride in more than 25 years of technology innovation delivering business solutions that provide the scalability and flexibility businesses need to build competitive advantage. Epicor provides a comprehensive range of services with a single point of accountability that promotes rapid return on investment and low total cost of ownership, whether operating business on a local, regional or global scale. The Company’s worldwide headquarters are located in Irvine, California with offices and affiliates around the world. For more information, visit www.epicor.com.
Epicor is a registered trademark of Epicor Software Corporation. Other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners. The product and service offerings depicted in this document are produced by Epicor Software Corporation.