Cloud ERP software may be the most exciting thing to hit the ERP market in years. The buzz around software as a service (SaaS) and hosted ERP systems has boosted their popularity among even the most conservative organizations. And the ERP vendors are following suit, with ERP heavyweights Microsoft, Oracle and SAP presenting cloud options to a public hungry for more.
So what exactly is the cloud? In layman’s terms, cloud systems are online, subscription-based enterprise solutions. Rather than hosting an ERP solution on-site, organizations that choose cloud solutions have their data and systems hosted by their ERP providers. This deployment model allows organizations to not only greatly reduce upfront costs but often enjoy a greatly simplified implementation process. The cost structure of a cloud solution is also different than that of an on-premise solution. Organizations in the cloud typically pay yearly subscriptions to a cloud provider (rather than one large fee upfront).
Our consultants are aware of the potential pitfalls of ERP selection projects and can help hedge against project cost overruns, software that is misaligned with business needs, and lack of return on investment. Panorama’s team has industry-specific expertise that helps achieve measurable business improvements.
Recent Articles and News Related to Cloud ERP Software
- Gogo Deploys Oracle Service Cloud to Support Enhanced Customer Experience
- What’s an SAP Business ByDesign Customer to do?
- Bengt Höjer Elected Chairman of EuroCloud Sweden
- Infor Adds Amazon Redshift Support for Cloud-based Business Intelligence
- Over 40 Higher Education Institutions Opt for Jenzabar in the Cloud
- The New SaaS ERP
- Guest Blog: Are Cloud ERP Systems Better for Start-ups or More Established Companies?
- Infor Adds Cloud-Based Integration With Trubiquity Partnership
- xTuple’s Newest Product Release Integrates Business Intelligence
- ECi Software Solutions Named to Inc. 5000 List for Fifth Consecutive Year