Software as a service (SaaS) software is a method of deploying ERP software in a hosted or on-demand environment. Unlike the traditional method of purchasing ERP software licenses, the software as a service software model allows for the ERP software package to be rented or licensed for a protracted period of time. The ERP software is either hosted on the ERP developer’s web server or via a third-party provider commonly referred to as an application service provider (ASP).
While there are many advantages to the software as a service software model, this type of ERP software is not ideal for every organization. The SaaS software model offers a lower cost entry point and provides additional benefits such as reduced time to implement, limited need for technical support and infrastructure, and a more predictable expenditure cycle. On the converse, the software as a service software model includes disadvantages that must be reviewed as part of the ERP business case. Not all ERP software vendors offer a SaaS software model and those that do may limit the ability to customize the software. This can limit the available options for ERP software and deter those organizations that prefer a highly customized ERP solution.
Panorama’s ERP consultants have experience with both traditional and software as a service ERP packages. The team can help evaluate and determine which method of purchase and deployment is best for your organization. We provide a complete service offering that can assist your organization throughout the process of ERP selection, ERP implementation and organizational change management.
Our consultants are aware of the potential pitfalls of ERP selection projects and can help hedge against project cost overruns, software that is misaligned with business needs, and lack of return on investment. The ERP team has industry-specific expertise that helps achieve measurable business improvements.
Recent Articles and News Related to Software as a Service (SaaS) Software
- YouTube: Challenges of Cloud ERP Software
- Superior Court of California, County of Kings, Selects Tyler Technologies
- 2013 ERP Report: What our New Research Reveals about ERP Systems
- Can Traditional ERP Vendors Keep up with Consumer Demand?
- SAP vs. Oracle vs. Cloud ERP
- Anarchy in Enterprise Software: The Revolution of Tier III ERP Vendors
- Cloud Manufacturing ERP Leader Plex Systems Appoints Jason Blessing as CEO
- Rhino Water Tanks Selects Epicor SaaS ERP Solution
- Epicor Recognized as a Leader in the Nucleus Research ERP Value Matrix
- QAD Allows Global Customers to Blend Deployment of ERP in the Public Cloud and On Premise