Redwood Shores, CA – October 29, 2010
- Leading specialty retailer Kirkland’s has selected a broad suite of Oracle® Retail merchandising and planning applications to help to transform business operations and support the company’s growth strategy of providing unique and affordable home decor and gifts.
- Kirkland’s expects to use the Oracle Retail applications to better understand customer demand, localize seasonal assortments and execute advanced pricing and promotion strategies.
- The Oracle Retail applications enable retailers to optimize item performance and same-store sales by improving their ability to manage, control and perform crucial day-to-day merchandising activities.
- Kirkland’s selected the Oracle Retail applications, including Oracle Retail Merchandising System, Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning, Oracle Retail Assortment Planning and Oracle Retail Allocation, after evaluating competing solutions.
- The Oracle applications replace legacy systems, and will improve efficiencies and establish a more flexible technology foundation to support growth and changes across the business.
- In addition, the retailer selected Oracle technology solutions to establish its new IT foundation, including Oracle WebCenter Suite, Oracle BPEL Process Manager, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher and Oracle Fusion Middleware application server technologies.
- “We are in the midst of a major systems transformation that will assist growth and improve financial performance,” said Robert Alderson, President and CEO, Kirkland’s. “We selected the Oracle Retail applications because of their stability and proven ability to help drive performance through best practices in merchandising, supply chain, and planning operations.”
- “Kirkland’s is a growing success with consumers and the management team is dramatically improving the organization’s ability to provide customers the right assortments at compelling prices, further improving store performance,” said Duncan Angove, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. “The Oracle Retail applications will equip the merchandising and planning teams to better understand their customers and deliver offerings that are compelling and fresh.”
- About Kirkland’s
- Oracle Retail Merchandising and Planning Applications
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
- Oracle Retail Customer Success
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle is the number one provider of innovative and comprehensive industry software solutions for retailers – enabling organizations to serve their customers better by applying insight into daily business decisions for more profitable results. With software that provides supply chain, operations, merchandising, store systems, optimization as well as enterprise applications and infrastructure software, Oracle partners with the world’s leading retail companies, including 20 of the 20 top retailers worldwide, to transform the economics of their businesses.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.