Industry’s Best Foundation for Oracle, Java and ISV Applications Helps Customers and Partners Seize Opportunities, Lower Risks and Reduce IT Complexity
Organizations today must have the ability to deliver applications that run with lower response times, can handle peaks and scale in response to increasing traffic on a more powerful infrastructure. They are also realizing that it no longer makes sense to try and integrate numerous, disparate software components and hardware systems. Instead, organizations across a wide range of industries and geographies are turning to Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to help gain a competitive advantage, reduce data center costs and lower business risks. Oracle Exalogic offers continuous value to customers by providing breakthrough performance, reliability and scalability for Oracle, Java and other business applications, while supporting lower TCO, lower risk, high user productivity and one-stop support.
- To date, many hundreds of customers across 52 countries and 21 industries are using Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to help reduce the cost and complexity of deploying, consolidating and virtualizing their enterprise applications. Recent customers to adopt Oracle Exalogic include NCR, VRSG, Sascar, UL, and Asiana Airlines.
- Likewise, a record number of partners have adopted Oracle Exalogic to help reduce the cost, time and support complexities typically associated with building and maintaining a disparate application infrastructure, enabling them to focus on accelerating innovation and delivering superior value to customers.
- Currently, more than 350 partner applications have been designated Oracle Exalogic Ready and more than 35 partner applications have achieved Oracle Exalogic Optimized status though the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), signifying that they have developed, tested and tuned their applications on the platform and are leveraging Oracle Engineered Systems to better support joint customers. In addition, nearly 70 partners have completed the newly released Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Specialization, which reinforces their commitment to having skilled resources that can sell, implement and support solutions with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud X4-2.
- Continuing to deliver new innovations to support these customers and partners, the recent release of Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud X4-2 introduced powerful hardware and sophisticated software to deliver extreme processing, very large memory capacity and a comprehensive range of application deployment architectures that can be deployed on a single, optimized engineered system in a virtualized or bare metal configuration.
- Oracle In-Memory Applications are specifically designed to leverage the Oracle Exabus technology in Oracle Exalogic, delivering unique in-memory optimizations in the application tier that enable real-time, ad-hoc analytics of live transactional data.
- Delivering a best-in-class foundation for business applications, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is the world’s first and only integrated cloud machine, with hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Oracle, Java and other applications.
- “More and more customers and partners are realizing the benefits of an integrated hardware and software solution that not only provides an engineered solution, but also offers high levels of application performance, rapid installation and flexible deployment,” said Mohamad Afshar, vice president, Exalogic product management, Oracle. “Only Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud delivers superior performance and scalability with support for Oracle, Java and ISVs applications, as well as allowing customers to deploy virtualized, mission-critical business applications. We will continue our commitment to adding value to our customers by constantly innovating behind our best in-class engineered system while supporting OpenStack and other innovative technologies.”
- “NCR chose Oracle Exalogic and Oracle SuperCluster because they offered the best overall performance and time-to-value for Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Database. The business benefits proven through the Oracle proof of concept include superior price/performance and an ability to scale up our application quickly to meet business-critical project timelines,” said Neeraj Verma, IT Director NCR.
- “VRSG is an IT company delivering IT services for many government agencies within Switzerland. We selected Oracle Engineered Systems to deliver the performance and user experience that government employees and citizens expect from our organization. Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata were the ideal platforms able to run our legacy applications with the performance levels we wanted to achieve,” said Christian Manser, CIO of VRSG. “For example when we migrated our existing Java EE application to Oracle Exalogic, the response times decreased by 30%, without any modification of the software.”
- “Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is tailor-made for running Oracle WebLogic Suite and Oracle SOA Suite, on which we run our customer-facing web platform,” said Cristian Simons, systems development manager, Sascar. “We considered several competitive alternatives and selected the Oracle solution because of its excellent cost-benefit ratio. The solution also enabled us to eliminate 70 servers, saving space and reducing maintenance costs.”
- “UL’s transaction volumes currently support more than 10,000 employees serving 69,000 manufacturers and 20,000 types of products,” said Christian Anschuetz, senior vice president and CIO, UL. “Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata will help make our IT environment more streamlined, stabilized and flexible while helping UL continue to grow.”
- “In the airline industry, the trend is to build PSS systems using the outsourcing services of external service companies. The PSS integration platform (PIP) project follows this airline company trend, and Asiana Airlines is one of the first customers to complete a PIP solution with Oracle,” said Chang Sung Lee, Airline Systems Operation Team, Deputy General Manager, Asiana IDT. “We chose Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata and Oracle SOA Suite to build a passenger service integrated platform that provides various services, such as integration between its interface and internal systems and a data warehouse for the data it collects.”