Major PeopleSoft Release Provides a More Intuitive and Productive Customer Experience
Enabling customers to maximize their investment in Oracle’s PeopleSoft ERP software, Oracle today announced that PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2, PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 and Supply Chain Management 9.2 will be generally available Friday, March 22. Oracle demonstrates its commitment to continue to invest in PeopleSoft by including more than 1,000 new features, functions, and enhancements in PeopleSoft 9.2.
“With revolutionary innovations in user experience, Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 has new features and functionality designed to help users work more efficiently, get their work done quicker, and in a way that’s more familiar based on consumer technologies. And, with dramatic improvements in operational cost management, we believe Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 is a game changing release,” said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle’s PeopleSoft Applications.
PeopleSoft 9.2 delivers an innovative new user experience, expanded product functionality, while helping to reduce total cost of ownership. As with PeopleSoft 9.1, Oracle plans to continue to deliver new capabilities on top of PeopleSoft 9.2 via Feature Packs.
PeopleSoft 9.2 leverages important new technology capabilities delivered in PeopleTools 8.53. With the delivery of PeopleSoft 9.2, Oracle will simultaneously provide upgrade scripts as well as the multi-language version of this release, a first for PeopleSoft applications. This enables PeopleSoft customers around the world to immediately begin implementing PeopleSoft 9.2 and reap its benefits sooner.
“WorkCenters in Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 provide users with a single page that contains all of their work. This new innovation will enable users to be more effective and efficient by the ability to see and manage their work on a single page. WorkCenters include information users need to complete their tasks, truly making them a one-stop center for users,” said David Baugh, director, Financial Systems, University of Louisville.
A number of customers and partners have been working with Oracle as early adopters of PeopleSoft 9.2 and have already started their implementation and upgrade projects. Some of these customers include: AARP, Caterpillar Inc., Daimler, Franklin Templeton Investments, Washington University in St. Louis, Westfield, and Verizon. Partners working with Oracle include: Accenture LLC, BTR Group, Cardinal Point Solutions, Cognizant, CSC, Deloitte Consulting, Ellire, GreyHeller, Huron Consulting Group, Infosys, KPMG, MIPRO, Newbury Consulting Group, PwC, Regents Consulting LLC, SmartERP Solutions, Succeed Consultancy LLC, Wipro, and Zanett.
“We anticipate that features like pivot grids, enhanced mobile integration options as well as the improved functions and usability in several modules (e.g. Recruiting) will enable our HR users and employees to improve the overall experience with PeopleSoft 9.2. In conjunction with our Exadata/Exalogic infrastructure, we believe PeopleSoft 9.2 alongside its interaction-hub will deliver significant benefits for Daimler when it comes to user performance,” said Guido Vielsack, Director Corporate Processes and Systems at Daimler.
Designed to reduce the cost to stay current, PeopleSoft Update Manager transforms the maintenance process. With PeopleSoft Update Manager, customers can:
- Define change packages so they are tailored to their specific needs
- Apply maintenance on their schedules
- Get current regardless of prior maintenance levels
- Streamline maintenance processes
- Minimize costs and disruptions associated with applying maintenance (e.g. regression testing) and maximize the impact of desired updates
A new global, free text search across multiple objects and multiple instances within PeopleSoft 9.2 via Oracle’s Secure Enterprise Search provides more than 120 indices to enable users to quickly retrieve accurate and actionable search results for a more efficient search-driven approach to navigating.
PeopleSoft 9.2 adopts the expanded Related Actions Framework delivered in PeopleTools 8.53, which further streamlines navigation by enabling users to take contextually relevant actions on objects in place of using traditional menu paths.
“The implementation of Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 will provide AARP with a platform that will allow for system consolidation savings, best in class processes, high power user interface that improves productivity and efficiency, increased financial data visibility and enhanced data integrity,” said Robert Hagans, Jr., Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer at AARP.
This release delivers new visual guides to help casual users better navigate the ERP system and execute activities faster and more easily:
- Activity Guides enable intuitive, step-by-step processes that simplify a casual user’s interaction with the system. Activity Guides are used in pre-built Life Events for the self-service management of actions related to marriage, a new born baby, adoption and divorce/legal separation.
- Train Stop visualizations lay out steps of a process in a highly visual manner across the top of a work screen to help casual users better navigate other self-service actions such as Pay Check Modeling and Supplier On-Boarding.
In addition to making changes to assist casual users, Oracle has also made changes to PeopleSoft 9.2 intended to help high-impact users be more productive by delivering a number of out-of-the-box WorkCenters. WorkCenters are designed to dramatically improve the effectiveness by consolidating user tasks, exceptions, alerts, links, reports, and queries into a single, secure, role based, cockpit style “command center” that can be personalized via end user configuration.
PeopleSoft applications take advantage of new real-time, multi-dimensional decision support analysis capabilities enabled by PeopleTools 8.53 with over 60 prebuilt self-service Pivot Grids delivered in release 9.2.
New and enhanced features and functions in PeopleSoft 9.2 create comprehensive business and industry solutions designed to address the most intricate requirements.
- PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 includes smart HR template-based transactions, Mid-Period Reviews, a consumer-oriented recruiting user experience, Learning dashboard, and redesigned time entry process.
- PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management 9.2 include mass GL Journal Approval, Matching History, Supplier On-Boarding, Cash Forecasting, Multi-Dimensional Project Rate Definition, Asset Retirement Obligation Accounting, new intuitive self-service eProcurement requisitioning, and redesigned Expense entry.
- Industry-specific applications include Approval Workflow for Commitment Control budget journals for Public Sector, support of Global Location Numbers (GLN) for Healthcare, balance sheet valuation through settlement date for Financial Services, a new Grants WorkCenter for Higher Education, and a new Staffing WorkCenter and branch recruiter productivity tools for the Staffing industry.
Building upon recent mobile capabilities, PeopleSoft 9.2 includes new mobile capabilities for requisitioning for purchasing users via eProcurement, which enables users to place and approve orders from their mobile devices. Existing PeopleSoft customers and partners may access release notes and various other PeopleSoft 9.2 materials at My Oracle Support.
“When looking at our PeopleSoft environment, Scott & White Healthcare realized we had to make a decision. After seeing previews of Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 at Oracle OpenWorld 2012 the decision was made clear. PeopleSoft 9.2 brings overall usability, recruiting, and other talent management functions to the next level. We believe the move to upgrade to 9.2 will bring significant stability, reliability, and an improved user experience to the application. Together with Oracle’s PeopleTools 8.53, Oracle’s Secure Enterprise Search, and the PeopleSoft interaction hub enhancements, our executives, managers, and employees will be able to get the right data at the right time,” said Jeremy Pelley, Director of Business Applications, Scott & White Healthcare.