PARIS, FRANCE — 01/20/10 — The Sage Group plc (LSE: SGE) today announced the availability of a new major release of Sage ERP X3, their flagship global ERP solution for mid-sized and larger businesses. This new version helps these companies save time and reduce costs, support interoperability among dispersed teams and improve their customers’ experience – key issues mid-sized and large enterprises are facing during these challenging times.
Christophe Letellier, General Manager, Sage ERP X3 world-wide said: “Midmarket companies looking for an easy to use, rapid to implement and cost effective, world class ERP solution can take advantage of this new major release. Sage ERP X3 operates at a fraction of typical Tier 1 ERP costs and is adopted by users in as much as half the time without compromising on functional coverage. Our ambition is to be recognised as a leader in the midmarket globally, with Sage ERP X3 already having 2,700 customers in more than 50 countries, with 150,000 users and 150 business partners.
Sage ERP X3 V6 represents a real evolution towards the new generation of integrated user-centric business solutions allowing all users of the extended enterprise to be active stakeholders in accelerated and collaborative business processes, either via the desktop or over the web.
During his keynote address Emmanuel Obadia, Senior Vice-President, Sage ERP X3, presented a breakthrough innovation with Netvibes the soon to be released Sage Enterprise Webtop™. This enables enterprises to instantly develop powerful widget dashboard web applications to automate communications and collaboration within and outside of the enterprise, build stronger customer relationships and experience, and create personalised workforce tools.
Emmanuel Obadia said, “This major release reinforces our ability to support change management with innovations such as Sage Visual Processes™. It helps CFOs of global businesses to get real-time visibility of their entire business and control over multi-legislation and multi charts of accounts. The solution also offers REST web services to better integrate cloud computing and SaaS based complementary solutions to Sage ERP X3.”
Sage ERP X3 V6 offers 583 enhancements and new features focusing on:
- Saving time & Reducing Costs
- Financials Span & Cost Control with multi-legislation, multi charts of account in one referential folder and integration of finance specialist features such as Fixed asset management, Credit Management, Consolidation & Reporting, Treasury and SEPA compliance
- Process optimisation and agility with sub-contracting, enhanced Quality Management, Distribution costs, Preparation Orders optimisation, Engineer To Order. Preactor, Ortems alliances for APS; Assetium, Lascom for PLM; DIMO, AXEL for CMMS, Osys for MES; to provide a full SCM/MES system very strong in both process and discrete manufacturing industries.
- -Interoperate across dispersed teams
- International development with new countries covered and a unified repository for all financials globally
- Collaboration & Coordination with LDAP directory, MS Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 integration, Enhanced Workflow Agent, Sage Visual Processes™ V2
- Improve customer experience
- SAFE X3 Web app server, running on Tomcat/Apache, allowing web facing ERP applications
- Sage Enterprise Webtop™ (to be released in the next point release of V6 due second half of 2010) for personalised dashboards for all extended enterprise users
- Alliance with Docubase (ECM) and Readsoft (Document Processing Automation – DPA) allowing for invoice automated processing
Sage ERP X3 V6 operates in 64 bits for Microsoft Windows Server 2008, RedHat Linux 5, IBM AIX 5.3, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Oracle® Database 11g R2 with Real Application Clusters and EXADATA compliance.
- France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Australia, French Speaking Africa Q1
- USA & Canada, UK, China, South Africa, English speaking Africa Q2
- Portugal, Italy, Middle East, Singapore, Poland, Russia, ROW Q3
About The Sage Group plc
The Sage Group plc is a leading global supplier of business management software and related products and services, principally for small to medium-sized enterprises. Formed in 1981, Sage was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1989. Sage has 6.1 million customers and 13,400 employees worldwide. We operate in over 24 countries covering the UK, Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia, India and China. For further information please visit www.sage.com.
About Sage ERP X3 (http://www.sageerpx3.com)
Sage ERP X3 is a dedicated solution for mid-market companies with international demands. Over 2,700 customers representing 150,000 users worldwide already chose Sage ERP X3 because it is easy to use, fast to deploy and cost effective. For more than 10 years Sage ERP X3 has been a proven and comprehensive ERP solution addressing mid-market companies specific requirements and challenges in various industries from manufacturing, services to distribution and many more. Sage ERP X3 is present in 50 countries and counts a network of 1,500 Sage professionals and 150 partners in its ecosystem.