If a company is operating in wholesale distribution environment, distribution software functionality will be at the heart of any ERP evaluation project. While virtually all ERP software solutions have distribution software functionality, not all ERP solutions offer robust enough features to manage complex distribution channels. Panorama’s ERP consultants have extensive expertise in a variety of distribution companies and understand the technology requirements of today’s wholesale distributors.
A wholesale distribution company will be concerned with software functionality that focuses on maintaining optimal inventory levels, facilitating quick movement of goods, providing strong front office functionality for customer service personnel, and delivery flexible reporting for management. The ERP selection process must look beyond simple features and expand into validating if the distribution software functionality offers advanced features such as fully-integrated CRM functionality, a complete warehouse management system, strong financial management, and kitting and assembly capabilities for light manufacturing. In addition, many wholesale distributors clients require strong supply chain management capabilities that can manage advanced planning, merchandise importing, and distribution requirements planning (DRP) for centralized purchasing environments and multi-warehouse distribution channels.
Selecting the right ERP system with the appropriate distribution software functionality will help improve sales performance and organizational efficiencies while reducing costs and improving order and line item fill rates. It will help distribution companies succeed in otherwise challenging business environments.
Wholesale Distribution Software Requirements
- Customer relationship management
- Flexible order entry and change order management
- POS software and counter sale support
- e-Commerce storefront
- Sales commission processing
- Distribution requirements planning (DRP)
- Centralized purchasing
- Import management
- Kitting and light manufacturing
- Strong inventory management
- Warehouse management system
- Bar-coding and RFID
- Business intelligence
- Ad hoc reporting
Our consultants are aware of the potential pitfalls of ERP selection projects and can help hedge against project cost overruns, software that is misaligned with business needs, and lack of return on investment. The ERP team has industry specific expertise that helps achieve measurable business improvements.
Recent Articles and News Related to Distribution Software
- How a Government ERP System is Like a Cookie Jar, and What Happens When the Cookies are Gone
- Panduit Selects Oracle Transportation Management Cloud to Optimize Global Transportation Network
- Carparts Distribution Center to Implement Epicor Vision Software
- Cumfin SAS to Improve Productivity and Standardize Processes With IFS Application
- Seconique Selects Epicor ERP to Replace Business Systems
- Five Automotive Aftermarket Distributors Upgrading to Epicor Vision Software
- Circle Distributing Chooses Epicor Vision Automotive Aftermarket Parts Distribution Software
- VAI to Showcase S2K Enterprise Food Software at Premier Food and Beverage Events
- AKM Manufacturing to Integrate Four Divisions with Epicor ERP 10
- Oracle Introduces New Cloud Solutions for Transportation and Global Trade Management