If a company is operating in wholesale distribution environment, distribution software functionality will be at the heart of any ERP evaluation project. While virtually all ERP software solutions have distribution software functionality, not all ERP solutions offer robust enough features to manage complex distribution channels. Panorama’s ERP consultants have extensive expertise in a variety of distribution companies and understand the technology requirements of today’s wholesale distributors.
A wholesale distribution company will be concerned with software functionality that focuses on maintaining optimal inventory levels, facilitating quick movement of goods, providing strong front office functionality for customer service personnel, and delivery flexible reporting for management. The ERP selection process must look beyond simple features and expand into validating if the distribution software functionality offers advanced features such as fully-integrated CRM functionality, a complete warehouse management system, strong financial management, and kitting and assembly capabilities for light manufacturing. In addition, many wholesale distributors clients require strong supply chain management capabilities that can manage advanced planning, merchandise importing, and distribution requirements planning (DRP) for centralized purchasing environments and multi-warehouse distribution channels.
Selecting the right ERP system with the appropriate distribution software functionality will help improve sales performance and organizational efficiencies while reducing costs and improving order and line item fill rates. It will help distribution companies succeed in otherwise challenging business environments.
Wholesale Distribution Software Requirements
- Customer relationship management
- Flexible order entry and change order management
- POS software and counter sale support
- e-Commerce storefront
- Sales commission processing
- Distribution requirements planning (DRP)
- Centralized purchasing
- Import management
- Kitting and light manufacturing
- Strong inventory management
- Warehouse management system
- Bar-coding and RFID
- Business intelligence
- Ad hoc reporting
Our consultants are aware of the potential pitfalls of ERP selection projects and can help hedge against project cost overruns, software that is misaligned with business needs, and lack of return on investment. The ERP team has industry specific expertise that helps achieve measurable business improvements.
Recent Articles and News Related to Distribution Software
- Epicor Tallies Two New ERP Deals with Kibsons International and Hana International
- Press Release: Panorama Consulting Solutions and Profit2 Announce Partnership
- Epicor Customer Named to SDCE 100 for Outstanding Supply Chain Project
- Three Tips for Making the Most Out of ERP Vendor Demonstrations
- SYSPRO USA President Joey Benadretti Interviewed
- Press Release: Vendor Shootout™ for ERP Announces New Moderator Partnership and Expanded Agenda
- SYSPRO ERP Software Reviewed by SocialERP.com
- Ironware International Selects abas-USA as Their ERP Vendor
- Epicor Announces Newest Release of Epicor LumberTrack
- Colonial Grocers Selects VAI S2K for Food Software